Fall Indecision

Well, I could be writing my debrief of my Fuqua visit right now, but I'm not. All I have been able to think about over the last week is "Should I apply to b-school this coming fall?" I have put a lot of time and effort into researching schools, talking with students, and visiting campuses. That said, I am beginning to think another year could do be beneficial. Let me explain my reasons:

  • I am still young (24) and have only 2 years full time experience at this point. Adcoms may feel I have less to contribute to the program with limited full time experience.
  • I am due a promotion in the next year that would be viewed favorably by admissions.
  • My biggest obstacle is to overcome my lack of leadership and maturity. Another year gives me some more time to address this both at work and in extracurricular activities.
  • My GF, whom I've been with for 10 years (yes, 10 years and I am only 24) is finishing up her masters degree at Pitt next year.

I'm torn right now. I guess I can see how things playout at work over the next few months. That said, the 4th point is the one that is weighing heavily on me right now.

1 comments:

Linda Abraham said...

I responded to your post at http://blog.accepted.com/acceptedcom_blog/2010/5/17/mba-admissions-should-you-apply-this-fall.html .

Best,
Linda Abraham

Post a Comment

Beat The GMAT - GMAT Forums, MBA Admissions Advice