Spectator for Another Year

Well, I finally made the decision that I will be a spectator during this upcoming application season. I talked with a lot of people about my situation and feel it is in my best interest to hold off another year. I know that I will have some significant achievements and leadership opportunities in the next year. Thus, I will have an increased chance of admission at my target schools next year. Additionally, I think by waiting another year that gives the economy more time to rebound and that job opportunities will increase by the time I graduate b-school.

I have visited most of my target schools, so this coming year I will focus on talking with as many students as possible at my target schools.

So my b-school journey will continue for quite sometime! I look forward to blogging about my continued experience. I will work on the debrief from my Fuqua campus visit this weekend so be on the lookout for it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well if you feel it's best for you! I also put off applying to business school. I'm going for a masters degree in finance instead... I'm considering applying this fall but with a request for deferred admissions for a year. Wish you all the good stuff out there!

Dave M said...

Thanks, Dana! Best of luck to you too. What MBA programs are you thinking about applying to?

Unknown said...

I'm currently thinking of Harvard, but I'm pretty sure I'm aiming too high... Fact is, they're one of the schools that accepts younger applicants like me and you. I'm hoping that my profile (female, perfect grades, 770 GMAT, international experience) might have them interested in me, though!

Ellipsing My Way...to Business School said...

Dave it will work out for the best!

TheGmatTutor said...

At least this way you have a ton of time to take the GMAT and research schools. You should allow at least a year for the whole process. http://www.thegmattutor.com

Post a Comment

Beat The GMAT - GMAT Forums, MBA Admissions Advice