Questionnaire to Darden and Kenan-Flagler Students

Today, I put together two questionnaires for current Students at Darden and Kenan-Flagler. I sent one to students at Darden with leadership roles in the Healthcare club. I sent the second to students at Kenan-Flagler with leadership roles in the General Management club. In total, I sent the questionnaires to twelve current students. I didn't really know what to expect when I sent these, but to my surprise I have received two responses already. Two students from Darden have responded to my questions and one even offered to talk more in depth. Here is a sample of the questionnaire that I sent to Darden.

Hello, I am prospective student and will be applying to Darden’s MBA program in the Fall to be part of the class of 2013. I am interested in Healthcare field. Ideally, I would like to enter a Leadership Rotational Program with a Healthcare organization.

I found your contact information on the Healthcare club website and thought it would be appropriate to contact you. I am going to be visiting Darden on March 22nd and wanted to reach out to you in advance to gather some information. I hope you don’t mind me reaching out to you and I respect that you have a very busy schedule.


Here are a few of the questions that I was curious about:
  • Have you seen an increase in companies recruiting for the Healthcare industry at Darden?
  • What type of positions are these recruiters hiring for? Consulting, Leadership Rotational Programs, or other types of positions?
  • Does Darden have a strong alumni network in Healthcare?
  • How active is the Healthcare club and what are some of the future plans for the club?
  • Are there any professors you recommend I reach out to?
  • How has your experience been at Darden so far?
I appreciate any information that you can provide.

I highly recommend reaching out to students at your target schools with a similar questionnaire. It is a great way to research the schools and gain valuable information that you can use in your essays. I plan on creating additional questionnaires for all of my target schools. I will update my blog in the next few days after I hear back from some more of the students.

3 comments:

Ellipsing My Way...to Business School said...

have you looked into Yale SOM at all? Don't they have a good Heathcare program? or am I thinking about Non-profit?

Dave M said...

I think they have a Healthcare program, but it is an Executive MBA program. I could be wrong, but that's what I recall.

Unknown said...

I feel students these days are not aware of the career's future..doing MBA and willing to have Healthcare field, not appropriate. The decision should be made once and need to follow the same to reach onces goal. Anyways i did MBA and a production manager now. thanks for sharing this with me!


Sample Business Questionnaires

Post a Comment

Beat The GMAT - GMAT Forums, MBA Admissions Advice