Questionnaire Update

So I have heard back from 3 Darden students and 2 Kenan-Flagler students from my questionnaires. I actually spoke on the phone with a Kenan-Flagler student for about 25 minutes last night which was pretty valuable. Also, I have a call scheduled on the 15th with a Darden student! I am very happy that the students I reached out to are so willing to help me out and answer all of my questions.

I sent my third questionnaire out to 3 Tuck students today. I already heard back from one of them that wants to schedule a call on Sunday!


Here is a quick summary of my conversation with the Kenan-Flagler student:

How has recruiting been this year?
She said it has been pretty rough, especially for international students. This seems to be a common theme with all of the students I talk to.

Have many Healthcare companies been recruiting on campus?

She said there are a lot of healthcare companies recruiting on campus. I told her I am interested in a Leadership Development Program (LDP) with a Healthcare company and she gave me contact information for a student that will be joining Johnson & Johnson for a LDP. I'm very happy about this! I can't wait to talk to this student because she is doing exactly what I want to!

How helpful have alumni been?

She said they have been very responsive and always willing to help out. However, most alumni aren't in a position to hire students.

What type of events does the General Management club sponsor?

She said a lot of different networking events. Here is a list of some of the things the club does:
-Match first year students with second year mentors.
-Provide lists of companies and positions for companies not recruiting on campus.
-Networking events to publicize different companies

How has your experience been at Kenan-Flagler?

She broke this down into two areas. She said first the school experience has been wonderful. It is a very close and collaborative group of students and she really got a lot out of her school experience. However, the recruiting experience has been terrible. She said it has been very stressful and difficult to find a job.

4 comments:

Ellipsing My Way...to Business School said...

I will say that Tuck students are extraordinarily responsive! I'd be surprised if you didn't hear back from all of them. Looking forward to the update! you know me and my love for Tuck! ;-)

Dave M said...

I will update once I talk with some more of the Tuck students. Have you talked with many Tuck students before your visit?

Purple Yogi said...

"She said it has been pretty rough, especially for international students. This seems to be a common theme with all of the students I talk to"

Dave, Can you please elaborate? Did they go in to specifics? Is it because of obtaining a work visa in the country or just that recruiters prefer to hire US citizens?

Dave M said...

I think it has been a combination of both. She didn't really go into specifics but she did say that US citizens were having an easier time with recruiting. My friend at CMU said the same thing. Sorry I don't have specific information.

Post a Comment

Beat The GMAT - GMAT Forums, MBA Admissions Advice